Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Too many nudes in one church?

You probably wouldn't be here if the word "nudes" wasn't in the title :) Anyway, it is just not right that one church has so much nudity in it. It would be awfully difficult if I was in this church for any reason at all to concentrate on what I was doing. Of course, I would be admiring the art for art's sake. And knowing me, I would probably spend quite a bit of time wondering how the nudes got to be there. Ladder? Or scaffold?

PS For a great analysis of the issues before the conclave read this.

1 comment:

Father Ron Smith said...

I've been brought up, Peter, to understand that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder', and all that God has created is good.

Mind you, there is such a thing as the 'X' rated stuff, which I don't necessarily approve of.

I guess Adam and Eve were the first couple troubled about this 'problem'